Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fab new thrift treasure


now how quickly did i dive on this when recently visiting
my church bazaar

sorry for the shadow
my daughter was coveting one of these on
ebay....for my birthday
so to wander into my church and see this
for $4
well lets just say she was delighted to have 'saved'
lol ...she also says she is taking me shopping
so perhaps we will fill it with goodies
i have wanted one of these for ever



also a little finish
how good does it feel to finish
this is my first quilt other than doll quilts
actually doll quilts are a great introduction to quilting
this one is for my dil's 30th birthday
this sunday
also fathers day here in Aus.



i hope she likes it
i will continue to do a little hand stitching on it
i just had to get the sewing machine off
the dinner table
i really must get better at these photos
my good camera is finally fixed and this is all i can do!!!
dear oh dear....
thanks for popping in
gorgeous day in the hills today
i hope its lovely sunny crisp and fresh where you are too
i am playing along here, see what others are up to
sweet day x

10 comments:

Small Things Simple Pleasures said...

Find of the week, I'd say - and at $4, bargain of the month.

Cat said...

Oh my what a lovely treasure to find and for $4! I need one of those my plastic sewing box just isn't big enough;) and it broke too. I bet your daughter in law will love this quilt you made. The colours and design are really lovely. :)

Anonymous said...

HIYA chic. i answered your comment on my blog, thank you for what you said. it validated something i know very well to be a fact! so.... i love this bias. did you make it yourself or buy it? i'm in a debate now about that... whether it matters to cut your own in flat strips or on bias. and i see you are doing the single girl !!!! i am totally in love with that quilt. i want to do it someday for sure. xxxx

Christina Lowry said...

Congratulations on finishing the quilt and on finding that sewing box! Great work! :)

Christina Lowry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Oh, I have sewing box envy - what a find.

Rie said...

Four dollars... I say in a high squeaky voice.. Wow!!!! Bargain! Love it!

Tweed Thoughts said...

Oh wow, I love your sewing box - have always wanted one of those, more than a little jealous, hehe!

The quilt is lovely (could see the detail better when I double clicked on it - really pretty edging!)
Alison :)

Tammy said...

What a great Find Deb! and yur quilt is lovely. x

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Hi Debra, thanks for 'dropping' in to my blog and for your lovely comment!!!
Just love your quilt!!! :)
Vivienne x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin