Monday, October 5, 2009

Feeling like a creative challenge?

I thought i would host a fun swap...fabric, fibre related...interested?

Sign ups are open to all, however i will match international with i/national..makes it easier.

I will leave signups open for a few days to Mon 12 Oct. I will partner you up then post the list of partners on Wed. 14th Oct. when you will need to pop in and see who your partner is. :) Then you have until Wed. 28th Oct . to pop over and say hi to your partner, swap addy's etc and post out. Thats 2 weeks. Plenty of time, right? :) ...

So the fun is ..to post fabric x 2 ...50x50 (fat quarter) or...simply 1/2 metre each fabric of choice and a reel of matching thread. Any extras you would like to include...ribbon, ric rac, buttons, buckles...etc..etc..embroidery thread maybe...

Then....once you have received your goodies you need to make something for your partner with what they have sent you and return it to them by the Fri.20th Nov. You dont need to use every single thread or scrap of fabric but you do need to use what your partner has sent you. Thats 3 weeks...enough time..yeah? :) ...and any extra little gifts you wish to share can travel back with your hand made parcel...

So....who wants to play...:)


4 comments:

jaki said...

ooh! love the concept but I don't know if I am brave enough to sew for someone else...I am a real beginner, and I mean real beginner!

Maybe if there is another newbie sewer out there that we could practise on each other without high expectations??

Tammy said...

Ok , I'll play, the time frames scare me a little ... but I'll play. Things are busy here.

Colette said...

Hello. Thank you for leaving me such a lovely comment. I would like to join in your swap please.

Colette

Katidids said...

Am I to late? I'd love to play if there is another US Player!
Just found your blog thru the forum

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin