Friday, November 2, 2012

Sew much going on

It has been such a busy month or two. Those of you who know me are aware i
resigned from and took up a new position. I had about 7 weeks off...wow that sounds like 
a looooong time...i can tell you it went by with such speed.
I made this cake to say cheerio, also to acknowledge my colleague's birthday.

Not a very good pic, sorry for that, however, this was THE most delicious cake.
It is from Elanas Pantry. Love her recipes. All gluten free and so so healthy.
The frosting is simple and super yum. I am a bit of a nigella with sneaking to the kitchen for a nibble when all is quiet with the rest of the crew...although there was not much of this left to bring home.

There has been lots of sewing..mostly in the early mornings as my days are full with so many other chores.
Firstly for the Cherish Circle at DO. Good Stitches 
it was my month in October to host. I requested lighthouses and sailboats.
I accidentally used interfacing instead of freezer paper...oops.
Still trying to remove this and anticipate having this finished by the end of this month!
I will be donating my quilt to Paradise Kids here on the Gold Coast.
I think this is a wonderful charity and local to me.
this little beauty was made for the Pincushion swap over on Flickr
I had a lot of fun putting this little guy together, i hope my partner loves him as much as i do.
  
I could not let this couch go to waste...hence recovered it to suit the room, brighten it up.
It was still in good condition, just a little dated. I made a slip cover, as i know with these colours it will get a little dirty.

 
I found this wonderful strong Indian cotton at Spotlight.
It really brightens up the room.
I cannot say i loved doing this and i dont look forward to doing another one, so dont ask..lol

I have also committed to the Pillow Talk Swap over on Flickr
my partner asked for something specific. I have wanted to try this 
I have loved making this, and for the past two or three nights have been dreaming up different borders to add to create my pillow. I think i am going to do a simple solid frame immediately around the star and then a small border of simple small stars....your thoughts?

 

Also a little thrifting. Found this gorgeous little number to send to my gorgeous girl now living in Melbourne.
It is fully lined, so soft and drapey and long.... I cannot wait to see it on her.


Its a long one i know....i feel like i have achieved...with sew little time.
Thank you if you got this far and if you didn't. 
and....check out some more
Sweet day x


5 comments:

Kirsty said...

I LOVE the folded star. I will be having a crack myself. Thank you.

Lisa said...

I have been eyeing that folded star tutorial too! Yours is just absolutely beautiful - definitely makes me want to give it a go!!!

Ginx Craft said...

Love the sofa covers. The hard work looks worth it.

dear molly said...

Your slipcover is amazing! I am tempted to make some for our modular suite but know what a mammoth job it would be.

Pearlin J said...

the folded star looks very pretty.lovely colours.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin